World Wide Extension Study
The Worldwide Extension Study provides empirical data on the human and financial resources of agricultural extension and advisory systems worldwide, as well as other important information on:
- the primary extension service providers in each country
(e.g. public, private and/or non-governmental);
- which types and groups of farmers are the primary target groups (e.g. large, medium, and/or small-scale farmers, including rural women) for each extension organization;
- how each organization’s resources are allocated to key extension and advisory service functions;
- each organization’s information and communication technology resources and capacity; and
- what role, if any, different categories of farmers play in setting extension’s priorities and/or assessing performance.
Status of Agricultural Extension and Rural Advisory Services Worldwide, Burton E. Swanson & Kristin Davis, 2014
Use the lists or the map below to get specific information about that region or country.
The entire WWES database can be searched for different keys and also downloaded as csv file. Please note: The full database is very big and may need some time to download. If you get a blank screen at first try reloading the page.
Click here to download the short and long English versions of the survey (not to fill out but as information only).