GFRAS Highlights in 2013
presented by Kristin Davis, GFRAS Executive Secretary
Gender Equality in Rural Advisory Services
During recent years there has been increased global attention to women’s equal economic opportunities. Women’s roles in agricultural production are a central aspect of this , as well as the perspective of improving food and nutritional security for poor families. Women’s equal access to rural advisory services is therefore crucial.
GFRAS signs MoU with FAO and elects new chairs
GFRAS through its host AGRIDEA, the Swiss Association for the Development of Agriculture and Rural Areas, signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the UN Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) in Rome, Italy.
While in Rome, the GFRAS Steering Committee elected a new chair and co-chair for the next two years.
Farmer Forum 2014
Farmer organisation-based affiliates of the Global Forum for Rural Advisory Services (GFRAS) and the Research and Extension Unit of the Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) have organised a side event on the role of farmer organisations in RAS at the Farmers’ Forum 2014 in Rome.
Lani Eugenia, Indonesia, on the farmer's needs Rural Advisory Services (RAS) have to address
How Farmer's organizations can contribute to rural advisory services
- Caribbean Extension Network launched
- 4th GFRAS Annual Meeting
- The Integration of Nutrition into Extension and Advisory Services
- Extension & Advisory Services for Agriculture Risk Management
- Management Advice for Family Farms in West Africa
- Caribbean Extension Meeting on “Networking for Change”
- 3rd RELASER Annual Meeting
- The 'New Extensionist': Roles, Strategies, and Capacities to Strengthen Extension and Advisory Services
- Atelier d’harmonisation des stratégies pour la mise en place de RESCAR-AOC
- 3rd GFRAS Annual Meeting