Registration for the 2022 GAM is now open! The GAM will take place as a face-to-face event and will be held between 25 and 27 October 2022 in Santiago, Chile. Side events will take place on October 24. The keynote discussions will also be broadcast online, and persons will have the opportunity to present their work in the "Shift and Share" session (poster presentations) also remotely.
You can register here.
Food security and nutrition is an important part of the rural development agenda in developing countries. Addressing this issue adequately requires an intersectoral approach, from agriculture, health and education with coherent policies at the national level and with territorial relevance. In this context, extension services can play a critical role in promoting nutrition-sensitive agriculture and interacting with health and education services.
Building on the experience of previous GFRAS meetings, the capacity assessments of GFRAS regional networks, and on the expertise, knowledge, and experiences of participants, the three main objectives of the 2022 Annual Meeting are to:
- Identify and discuss policies and incentives that allow directing and strengthening food systems and extension with a focus on nutrition;
- Identify and prioritize the food systems, with their different components, that best contribute to the nutrition of the population;
- Identify the necessary capacities required at the different levels to strengthen policies, production systems and extension, so that they can contribute to better nutrition.
The complete concept note is available here:
We are continuously working on the agenda of the meeting. A preliminary agenda is already available and can be accessed here:
Logistics and Accommodation
RELASER and GFRAS are working with partner hotels at the vicinity of the meeting venue to make attending the event easier. Lower rates have been negotiated at three hotels for the group.
You will find more information about each of these hotels directly at their homepage. Click the hotel names to be taken to their homepages. The following are the GFRAS-negotiated rates for each of the hotels listed.
- Hotel Pullman Santiago Vitacura (USD 112/night for a single room, including breakfast and internet) - located at a 10-minute walking distance to the meeting venue
- Hotel NH Collection Casacostanera (USD 115/night for a single room, including breakfast and internet) - located at a 10-minute walking distance to the meeting venue
- Hotel Bidasoa (USD 130/night for a single room, including breakfast and internet) - located at a 24-minute walking distance to the meeting venue.
In order to make a reservation at one of those hotels, please download the form below, fill it in, and send it directly to the hotel of your choice per e-mail. This will be handled directly between the hotel and each participant.
If you so wish, you can also organize your own accomodation. The GFRAS Annual Meeting will be held at the United Nations Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean (CEPAL), located at Av. Dag Hammarskjöld 3477, Vitacura, Santiago.